As a condition to being allowed access to the South Dakota Health Link “Point of Care” Health Information Exchange (“the System”), I agree to abide by the following terms and conditions:
- I will not disclose my user name and password to anyone.
- I will not allow anyone to access the system using my user name and password.
- I will not attempt to learn or use another’s user name and password.
- I will not access the System using a user name and password other than my own.
- I am responsible and accountable for all data retrieved and all entries made using my user name and password.
- If I believe the confidentiality of my user name and password has been compromised, I will immediately notify the help desk at 888-830-1022 so that my password can be changed.
- I will not leave my computer unsecured while logged into the System.
- I will treat data available to me through the System confidentially, as defined by HIPAA. I will not disclose any confidential information unless required to do so within the official capacity of my job responsibilities, and then limited to parties with a legitimate need to know.
- I will not access, view, or request information regarding anyone with whom I do not have a clinical relationship or a need to know in order to perform my job responsibilities.
- I acknowledge that my use of the System will be routinely monitored to ensure compliance with this agreement.
By continuing, I further acknowledge that if I violate any of the terms as stated above, I am subject to loss of System privileges, legal action, and/or any other action available to South Dakota Health Link.